So I was reading this article on Yahoo.com, The 5 Worst Ways to Propose, do you agree?
1. Don’t propose in Public – they say most people tend to say yes because they feel bad with all the people looking, it’s pressure put on the other person and they might just say yes to please the people cheering around them, and later can turn around and say they really don’t want to marry you. (Wow that would be a bummer).
2. Leave Food out of it – They say people have actually swallowed the ring (when placed in food or drinks) and well it’s not the best place to be on the day you get engaged if it’s the hospital waiting to “release” your ring (If you get my drift).
3. Do NOT propose via – Internet (email anything that involves a computer) – I have to agree – it’s very impersonal, and when you propose it should be face to face with the person you love.
4. Do not propose on the day you wed – Okay I only hear of this in Vegas and then it’s annulled the next day – so I have to agree, think about this before you do it, it’s a big commitment.
5. Beware of Mother Nature – WHAT? That was my first reaction… According to Yahoo they say don’t propose hiking up a mountain or on the beach. Some have gotten lost in snow storms and lost the ring in the snow, others in the beach, and we don’t want to buy an expensive ring only to loose it in a few minutes of proposing. (do we?).
I say be romantic, do something unique. People in New York although cute, stop proposing by the Christmas Tree it’s been done, oh about 1 million times (at least that’s what I hear from the locals in NY) 🙂 Here in Miami I am sure the Beach has been done and what did Yahoo say about the beach? (Oh yea we don’t want to loose that ring in the sand).
Some women like the cliches of what is in the movies, if your lady likes it, then go for it, I don’t think there is really any wrong way to propose as long as you really know what your women wants. (Some women like the public scene, some like the ring in the food (although I think I would avoid this one), and some like to be spontaneous (although I highly recommend getting to know your future bride to be).
Live, Love, Laugh ~ And do what you want when you are ready to propose, if she loves you it doesn’t matter how it’s done, I know some people who get proposed to in a car and have been married for years